Trainer
Nestor Greaves

Karakterkaart

Curse of the Litten | Open BogusIncredibleBass-size_restricted
Lisa
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Nestor was sitting on a bench, eating a sandwich, when suddenly Cleo landed behind him on the bench, eying the egg that laid there. Nestor followed his gaze towards it, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. “Something wrong?” he asked his pokémon but as expected, she didn’t reply and only kept staring. It was odd behavior even for her.
With a raised eyebrow he watched as she moved forward and gently poked the egg. What followed next made his heart skip a few beats. As soon as the pincer made contact, the egg burst, shocking both of them. Cleo quickly flew back to a nearby tree and Nestor moved to the side afraid he might cause more damage. “Shit,” he cursed as he carefully bent forward, too afraid to touch the egg. What happened? Did they break it? Nestor had no idea what was happening and his heart was racing in his chest. Already he felt guilt wash over him.

Excuses are for those who don't want it bad enough

Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - za apr 17, 2021 5:04 pm
Evelyn Harper
Researcher
Evelyn Harper

Karakterkaart

Freedje
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Evelyn leaned on her hands as she watched out over the city. The city was surrounded by a beautiful morning glow and the girl smiled while watching the people walk by. It was a good decision to move to Jubilife City and leave Johto behind. Although she was going to miss her father, she loved adventure and by now, she met a few people that learned her a lot about Pokémon. She wanted to learn much more and that’s why she got dressed so she could leave her apartment. She put on a simple dress and sneakers and combed trough her hair, not really paying attention to it being a slight mess. She exited the door of her apartment and slung her backpack on her back. She walked outside and the first the she noticed was a boy with an egg and a Gligar, who looked slightly afraid of his egg. Evelyn took a closer look and saw that it was about to hatch, a smile forming on her face. ”Wow, great!” she exclaimed and she walked a bit closer, but not too close so the egg could have its time to hatch properly. ”You’re about to find out what’s in your egg,” she told the boy, not understanding why he looked so afraid. Next to evolution, this was probably the most exciting thing that could happen. So why was he so bothered by it?
Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - za apr 17, 2021 8:20 pm
Nestor Greaves
Trainer
Nestor Greaves

Karakterkaart

Lisa
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Nestor feared it was over for the egg. Cleo had broken it and now the pokémon inside would die. When he first bought the egg, he knew it was a big responsibility and that the pokémon inside relied on him. He never should have done it. Someone with more experience should have bought it instead of him.  
He truly felt horrible and he had to look away from the egg because it was too horrendous to look at. That poor pokémon. Even Cleo came down from the tree again and looked confused between him and the egg. Nestor wanted to be angry at her because it was her fault, but he couldn’t. The way she reacted showed that it never was her intention to harm the egg.

For a moment he was lost in thought, thinking about what he had to do next, but a loud voice pulled him back to reality. The voice sounded too cheerful for this situation. “Excuse me?” he said as he looked up to the girl. How could she be this happy when his egg was- hatching?
Nestor raised his eyebrows as he turned his eyes to the egg. Pieces of the shell were falling off. Something inside was scratching against it, he could hear it now. “It is- hatching?” he asked shocked with a tilt of his head. Now he was unable to look away from the egg, as a small black and red creature came crawling out.

Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - za apr 17, 2021 8:28 pm
Evelyn Harper
Researcher
Evelyn Harper

Karakterkaart

Freedje
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Although she tried to be serious about this, she couldn’t help but laugh and roll with her eyes when she noticed the confused look on the boy’s face. ”Of course it does,” she replied. ”What else did you think it was doing? Dying?” She meant it as a sarcastic joke, but she put two and two together when she saw him looking at his egg and she lifted an eyebrow. ”Wait, you seriously didn’t think it was dying, right?” Did this boy not know anything about Pokémon and life? Her attention was diverted back to the egg when she heard scratching, seeing little cracks erupt from the egg. She grabbed her Pokédex and started to film the whole ordeal. She noticed the black and red little head of the kitten like creature that came out of the egg and she softly cooed when she discovers what the Pokémon was. ”Congratulations,” she softly spoke to the boy. ”You got yourself a little Litten on your team.” She never thought she would get to see this so soon, but she was glad she saw it. And she had a video of it, which she would gladly share with the boy if he would ask for it. For now, she decided to give hem a little space so he could interact with his newly hatched Pokémon.
Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - za apr 17, 2021 8:43 pm
Nestor Greaves
Trainer
Nestor Greaves

Karakterkaart

Lisa
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Silently he watched the girl as she confirmed his suspicion, but not before making a joke. Nestor shared a look with his Gligar who looked as confused as he did. Both of them were relieved that the egg - or rather the pokémon was alright. “I uhm-,” Nestor started, now unable to look at the girl. He wanted to disappear inside his hood and never come back, he felt ashamed that he hadn’t known what was happening. What kind of trainer didn’t know anything about hatching pokémon. “Cleo touched it right before it cracked and uhm- I thought she accidently broke it.” Now that he said it out loud it sounded ridiculous.
Nestor cleared his throat and decided to turn his attention towards the egg. Carefully he removed a piece of shell. It didn’t take long for the pokémon to appear. Just like the girl he immediately knew what kind of pokémon it was. He didn’t know everything about pokémon, but he was aware of the different starters.
Cleo didn’t like it. She moved away until Nestor was sitting between her and the new addition. “It’s cute,” he said as he let the pokémon sniff his hand, but the pokémon was too occupied looking around.

Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - za apr 17, 2021 8:51 pm
Evelyn Harper
Researcher
Evelyn Harper

Karakterkaart

Freedje
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Evelyn nodded, now understanding why the boy looked so horrified when his egg started to hatch. ”I get why you would think that, but I think an egg needs a lot more than a simple touch of a sharp object to crack that hard,” she told him. ”The way I see it, your Gligar only helped with hatching the egg by doing what she did. Maybe it would’ve taken longer if she hadn’t done anything.” She shrugged. The world of Pokémon was still a mystery to her and she couldn’t really explain why things like this happened, but she was on her way to figure that out and now that she watched an egg hatch from up close, she wanted to discover more about it. She watched the Litten as it took in its surroundings, ignoring its trainer. ”Yes, it is,” she said, nodding her head. She walked a bit closer and leaned in to give it a soft stroke on its head. ”Hey there, cutie,” she cooed softly, than averted her eyes to the trainer so she could give him a reassuring smile. ”It’s gonna be fine. I’m Evelyn, by the way,” she told him, giving him a nod and taking a short look at the Gligar. She would have to study the Gligar later, but not now. Now she had other things to do.
Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - zo apr 18, 2021 12:52 am
Nestor Greaves
Trainer
Nestor Greaves

Karakterkaart

Lisa
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Nestor looked as awkward as he felt. That he had made such a stupid mistake was something he couldn’t comprehend and he felt like an idiot because of it. He should have known it was hatching, that is what eggs do. Of course he had no idea how old this egg was when he received it, so that was one of the reasons he didn’t immediately think it was hatching. “Well, I uhm, yeah, it’s the first time I owned an egg. I’m probably too inexperienced for something so important.” He looked back at the now hatched egg and the Litten that was behaving the same way as Cleo did at the start of their partnership. Which meant she was ignoring him.
As Nestor sighed, he looked at his Gligar who was glaring at the baby pokémon while using him as cover. “Maybe yeah,” he agreed with a small nob. By the looks of it, she was now regretting ever helping the new pokémon.

The litten looked up at the girl when he petted them on the head, not seeming very impressed by the affection she received. Instead, she started licking her fur, getting rid of leftover egg pieces. “I’m Nestor. It’s nice meeting you, and thank you for the help.” Without her reassuring him that everything was fine, he would have freaked out even worse.

Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - zo apr 18, 2021 1:33 am
Evelyn Harper
Researcher
Evelyn Harper

Karakterkaart

Freedje
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

”Well, I think you shouldn’t let your head hang that soon,” Evelyn told him with a small smile forming on her face. ”You made a mistake, so what? Isn’t the point of going on a journey to figure these kind of things out along the way? Because if you’re giving yourself a hard time just because of this, I don’t want to know what happens when you actually screw up.” She rolled her eyes. ”I’m a researcher and I must say that before I went to Sinnoh, I made a lot of mistakes as well. But I just held my head held high and continued with what I was doing.” Arceus, she wasn’t good at giving peptalks to others, but this guy looked like he needed it. The Litten didn’t really appreciate her nice gesture and instead started to lick her fur, to which Evelyn just shrugged her shoulders at. The boy introduced himself as Nestor and Evelyn gave him a nod. ”No problems. Actually, I should be thanking you. Thanks to you I got to see this amazing thing and I filmed it.” She hold her Pokédex up in the air, grinning at Nestor. ”Now I’ve already seen two evolutions since I arrived at Sinnoh. The world of Pokémon is truly an amazing thing and I’m planning to discover it all.” Enough of that. ”What about you?” she asked him curiously. ”What goal are you aiming at?”
Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - di apr 27, 2021 11:28 am
Nestor Greaves
Trainer
Nestor Greaves

Karakterkaart

Lisa
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

The first impression he got from the Litten was not a positive one as the pokémon wasn’t really paying attention to any of them. She simply started licking her messy fur. That didn’t change the fact that he was happy that the pokémon was alright and well and that neither he or Cleo had somehow killed it.
With knitted brows, he gave her a sideways glance when she gave him a lecture. Maybe she was right and had he overreacted, but for a good reason. Right? Nestor did not want to hurt pokémon and of course, he felt horrible when he thought this baby had died. “Yeah,” was all he said with downcast eyes when she finished speaking.
Nestor grabbed his backpack in search of a pokéball for his newest addition. “Uhm, you’re welcome?” His amber eyes went to the pokedex she was holding up. It was rather strange that she filmed the whole process, was it not? “Why did you film it?” he asked her.

“I’m a trainer so I want to try and become the new Champion.” But at this rate, that was never going to happen. A sigh rolled over his lips at that realization. “Although I still have a long way to go,” he confessed.

Re: Curse of the Litten | Open - di apr 27, 2021 9:41 pm
Evelyn Harper
Researcher
Evelyn Harper

Karakterkaart

Freedje
Hier een quote
CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Evelyn couldn’t help but chuckle a little when the boy seemed to be a bit confused by her thanking him. She chuckled a bit more when he asked his question. ”Because I’m a researcher and I need to analyze a Pokémon that’s hatching from an egg,” she explained to him. ”As I can’t rely on pure memory, I had to film it so I could look into it a bit later. I need to make notes about it and stuff, so having the hatching process on video is a huge help.” It may sound a bit weird to someone who isn’t a researcher, but she was sure the other researchers would understand what she meant. Her gaze travelled back to him when he told her about his goal and she noticed another hint of uncertainty. ”And you think that’s a bad thing?” she asked, tilting her head a little bit to the side. ”Because I’m sure all of the other researchers who arrived in Sinnoh are a step ahead of me, but it doesn’t really bother me. I’d rather go on my own pace and do it right than be hasty about it and regret it later.” She shrugged her shoulders. She knew not everyone would think like that, but she hoped she could cheer the boy up a bit by letting him know he wasn’t the only one going on a slow pace to aim for his goal.
Gesponsorde inhoud

CHARACTER INFO

OOC INFO

Permissies van dit forum: